Tuesday, October 6, 2009

half way there!!

Quick update....we've arrived safely and smoothly into Amsterdam!! Praise God for great travel thus far!! We are waiting to board our plane to Addis (with a brief stop in Sudan - we do not get off the plane in Sudan). If all goes according to plan, we should be arriving in Addis around 1:00 p.m. Central Standard time (which will be 8:45 p.m. where we are in Addis)!!

Holly shared an amazing word with us when we arrived in Amsterdam. She was impressed on the flight here that some of us were already deeply missing our families. God laid this scripture on her heart....

Mark 10:29-30

"Jesus said 'I tell you the truth, no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age and in the age to come, eternal life'".

The words God laid on her heart to share with us...."Because you have showed your trust in me by laying what you love most in my hands I'm taking you to a new place, a deeper walk, a new adventure. I have them, and I have you. I give you my peace now. Go in my name, with my boldness. Fear not. I have called you. I've equipped you. You are my followers, my ambassadors."

Isn't that awesome?!!! We love you all, and are eager to see what God has in store for us and for you through this incredible journey!! More to come soon!!!

7 comments:

  1. So glad all is going well so far. We'll be following your blog very closely and praying with you. So much love and support!

    John in New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you guys. We're praying for you. Enjoy the adventure God's given you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates...very much appreciated. You are all in our thoughts, prayers, and hearts. Extra special hugs for Dustin & Hannah.

    Have a safe and rewarding journey,
    Dustin's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone, our staff was praying for you today. My small group also prayed for you tonight. We will be remembering you each day in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those words brought me to tears. Go Team!!! that's all I can think of saying because this is so awesome! God is Good!
    Rene V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of our team in africa today. praying that you will be God's hand of grace today to someone. brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara from St. Marys, GAOctober 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM

    What a blessing it is for those of us back home to read the blog - yall are doing great things there. We are with you in spirit and praying for each of you everyday. Special big 'o Texas hug for my "older" sister Peggy. Miss you and can't wait to hear all about the trip at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete