Tuesday, September 15, 2009

counting down.

19 more days. 19 more days until we board an airplane and fly half way around the world to have a hand in changing lives, and to be changed as well. this journey has been ongoing for each team member for several months already (for some, it has been years). God has had each of us on a journey of the heart, and i'm so eager to see where He is taking us. i'm already having a hard time departing from my western mode of thought - self centered, technology filled, in control (or so i like to think). i'm finding it hard to leave behind my "securities" here - my family, my church, my cell phone, my computer, my starbucks. how's that for honesty? i'm confident that God is stretching us beyond our comfort zones for more reasons that we could dream or imagine. i'm not looking forward to kissing my husband and babies goodbye for 11 days, but i know it is a small price to pay for what He has waiting for us in Africa.

(by Allyson)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for all of you! Believe me when i say this trip has been covered in prayer from our house already, and will continue to be all the way through. I can't wait to see what God has in store for everyone involved with the trip as i am sure that it is more than we could ask or imagine (and i have been asking for some BIG things!)

    -Allison Ronning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family will definately be praying for this team! Can you just imagine the experiences you will have? The sights of God's wonder? Perhaps even a few things that will touch you in ways you've never felt before. How exciting will it be when you get the opportunity to lead a future brother or sister to Jesus? I definately think this trip will be GOD SIZED for the Africa team.
    Since I love you..I will be sending my prayers over you, matt and all of your beautiful little people :).
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete